Mr. José Sánchez-Castro is a co-founding member of the firm. José’s practice focuses on securities and corporate laws. He represents established investment companies in a wide range of transactions, including public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and federal and state securities laws compliance.
José has participated in numerous corporate acquisitions and has served as issuer’s and underwriter’s counsel in many public offerings of securities, as well as legal counsel to the two largest investment company complexes in Puerto Rico. He has ample experience in commercial financing, having represented both financial institutions and borrowers. He has also represented numerous clients before regulatory agencies and self-regulatory organizations, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the Puerto Rico Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions, and the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance of Puerto Rico.
- UBS Puerto Rico Family of Funds
- Puerto Rico Investors Family of Funds
- UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico
- Citibank, N.A.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Association of Notaries
- Tulane Law School (J.D., Cum Laude)
- Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania (B.S. in Economics)
- Puerto Rico State Bar
- United States District Court of Puerto Rico
- United States Court of Appeals for the First District
- United States Supreme Court
- Notary Public in the Puerto Rico State Bar