Mr. Pirillo is a co-founding member of the firm. A pioneer of the offshore banking industry in Puerto Rico, he is in the forefront on advising international financial institutions and individuals about all applicable provisions. His practice ranges from financial regulatory implementations, cross-border collateral transactions and corporate governance.
Before founding the firm, Martín was Senior Legal Counsel for several Citigroup entities in Puerto Rico, which included Citibank, CitiFinancial, and CitiMortgage, among others. In the past, Martín’s practice centered on securities, and he participated in numerous securities transactions, including the initial creation of the largest investment company complex in Puerto Rico. Currently, he concentrates his practice in corporate, consumer lending, banking and corporate finance, international commercial and finance transactions, real estate, and securities matters.
- Participated in numerous securities transactions, including the initial creation of the largest investment company complex in Puerto Rico.
- Has participated in numerous commercial lending transactions in Puerto Rico and internationally as well as many corporate acquisitions.
- Created and represents several international banking and financial institutions.
- Manages audits and examinations by the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions and the Federal Reserve Board for several major financial institutions and international entities.
- Has developed Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and regulations for several international and local financial institutions.
- Inter-American University of Puerto Rico (J.D.)
- University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus (B.B.A., Finance)
- Puerto Rico State Bar
- United States District Court of Puerto Rico
- Notary Public
- Honorable Jorge Escribano-Medina, Court of Appeals for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico